Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I bring my kids to Little Yogi classes?
Our mission is to give children to experience Yoga and mindfulness in a fun and supportive way.
As the Dalai Lama said, “If every 8 years old in the world is taught meditation, we will eliminate violence from the world within one generation.”
Together we can change the world, one yoga class at a time… No big deal 😊
Some benefits of Kids Yoga
Quiets the mind.
Increase self-regulation and decrease anxiety and stress.
Slow down the heart rate and improves health.
Increases strength and body awareness.
Increase imagination and problem solving
And much much more
What do you offer?
We offer weekly Kids & Teens Yoga classes in Sutherland Shire (Sydney).
We also offer yoga classes for Preschool, Primary school, After school care, High school, private yoga sessions for groups, families, and individual children. School holiday workshops and family yoga in various locations. Fun themed classes around Sydney in parks, art galleries, libraries, and community centers. Check out our class options here.
Who can attend Little Yogi classes?
Generally, Kids Yoga from age 4. Sometimes children younger than four come to our family classes and enjoy being on the mat and snuggling with their parents.
Teens Yoga from 11-16 years old.
What does a typical class look like?
Each individual class varies depending on the children, time and place but all of our classes involve a combination of yoga poses, breathing practices, mindfulness practices, and an extended period of rest (Do nothing pose) to encourage deep relaxation. See all the actions on our social media: Facebook and Instagram.
What to bring?
- A yoga mat if you already have one but we also have some spares.
- A drink bottle.
What should my kids wear?
- Please wear comfortable clothing, T-shirt, shorts or tights (No skirt please!) We also have our Little Yogi T-shirt for sale.
What to expect?
- No food an hour before the session if possible.
- No parents allowed to stay in the room (Kiss & Run is recommended)
- Take your shoes and socks off before entering the room quietly.
- No toilet breaks during the session (unless it's an emergency) so please make sure you take your child/ren to the toilet one last time before you leave.
What payment methods do you accept?
We currently accept cash, card, and direct deposit. Please email us for details or request them at your first class.